Bill Detail: SB12-165
Return to list of bills
Send an email to your legislator
||Water Conservation Bd Construction Fund Projects
||R. Baumgardner (R)
||G. Schwartz (D)
The bill appropriates the following amounts from the Colorado water conservation board construction fund for the following projects:
- $300,000 for continuation of the satellite monitoringsystem maintenance;
- $175,000 for continuation of the weather modificationprogram;
- $500,000 for continuation of the Colorado floodplain mapmodernization program;
- $500,000 for continuation of the watershed restorationprogram;
- $300,000 to restore the flood response fund balance;
- $1,000,000 for continuation of the phreatophyte controlcost-sharing program;
- $2,000,000 for continuation of the Colorado river wateravailability study;
- $500,000 to begin implementation of the South Plattegroundwater data collection and analysis project;
- $1,000,000 for continuation of the alternative agriculturewater transfer sustainability grant program;
- $5,000,000 for the planning and implementation of the RioGrande cooperative project;
- $5,000,000 for implementation of the Chatfield reservoirreallocation project;
- $12,000,000 for the third and final installment of thepurchase of Colorado's allotment of Animas-La Plata project water pursuant to House Bill 10-1250, enacted in 2010; and
- $300,000 to provide legal support and funding for litigationinvolving protests of individual water rights that the state engineer has placed on the abandonment list.
Section 6 of the bill repurposes the flood response program to include drought preparedness and response and renames the flood response fund to the flood and drought response fund.
Section 14 of the bill transfers from the perpetual base account of the severance tax trust fund to the Colorado water conservation board construction fund the following:
- $30,000,000 for the Rio Grand cooperative project, including improvements associated with the Beaver Park reservoir and the Rio Grande reservoir; and
- $13,000,000 for the implementation of the Chatfield reservoir reallocation project.
Section 14 of the bill also changes the water supply reserve account to the water supply reserve fund.
Section 16 of the bill authorizes the state engineer to receive and expend contributions from the Colorado water conservation board for use in discharging the state engineer's duties.
|Amendments out of Committee
||Agriculture, Livestock, & Natural Resources
||Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Energy
||House Committee on Appropriations Refer Unamended to House Committee of the Whole (05/08/2012)
|Link to Full Text
||Full Text of Bill (04/24/2012)
|Link to Lobbyists
|Link to Bill Versions
|Link to Fiscal Notes
|| Fiscal Notes (05/17/2012)
|Link to History
||Vote Totals by Party